Meeting Minutes – FOTD Meeting Monday, February 6th

FOTD Meeting Monday, February 6th

Attendance: Melissa, Marilyn F., Tami, Jean, Adam, Nick, Sue, Marilyn M., Jeff, Hildegard, Loretta, Carol, Bob, and Dave.
Meeting was called to order by Melissa.
Secretary Position:  Position is still open; please have candidate ideas for next meeting.

Annual Tax Day Brat Fry: Will be Tuesday, April 18th, ( which is the official tax day this year). It will be held 10-4 in the Post Office parking lot. Jeff made motion to have event on this date, Tami second it. All in Favor. Last year we did pre-orders which went well, so we will do this again. Volunteer sign-up sheet was passed around. We need a new grill; Dave offered to take care of getting one. Jeff made motion for Dave to purchase a grill, Sue second it. All is Favor. Marilyn M. said Jackie J and she will take care of organizing/purchasing supplies, needed i.e. condiments, brats(400), hotdogs(150) from Abbyland, buns from Kwik Trip, bags of potato chips from Marilyn’s Go Go Catering. Advertising for event: Radio (day of) $100, Star News $100; Melissa will talk with ad reps. Jeff will get trailer from the Lions/Lemke. Tami will get approval from Post Office to use parking lot.

Maple Fest Event: Friday, April 28th held at Marilyn’s Fire Station beginning @ 6 pm. The entertainment will be Red Higgins and his band. Marilyn F. is looking for sponsorships for helping with the cost. Tami made a motion for FOTD to contribute a $350 sponsorship, along with $200 for food, Jeff second it. All in Favor. Fundraising ideas during event were discussed, i.e. raffles. Jeff will look into getting our raffle license. Maple Fest organization will be doing most of the promotions, which our event will be mentioned.

Beautification Projects: Planter & Hanging Baskets. Due to theft last year, we need to order 4 hanging baskets from Lee Waldhart. Sue made a motion that Marilyn M. place order with Lee, Jeff second it. All in Favor. Melissa will be in contact with Frenchtown Nursery regarding planting of the hanging baskets. Discussion involved other beautification ideas, Farmer’s Market area, flower pots on east side, mini park on main street, etc. Jeff will get some ideas from other communities that have green spaces. Michelle Grimm from UW Extension could be a good resource. We need to get our ideas solidified, so we can attend a city council meeting. Marilyn M. made a motion to compile a committee to obtain info to present to city council. Jeff, Sue, Melissa, possibly Michelle Grimm will be on this committee, Jean second it. All in Favor. Kuse sisters offered to advise.

How to Promote Downtown? We are disconnected, what can we do? Carol made a suggestion regarding a campaign called “Meet Me on Main Street”. Brain would interview business owners, we could use this has a tool to also speak to historical facts about their building.
Meeting Adjourned.

Published by

FOTD2005

Friends of the Downtown-Medford, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit focused on promoting Historic Downtown Medford, Wisconsin.